Uploading to Streamable is incredibly easy, and in this tutorial, we'll walk you through how.
Sections of this article:
- Before getting started, we recommend reading our Community Guidelines, which cover the type of content we allow on Streamable.
- Keep in mind that free users have a 250MB/10 minute per upload limit.
- There are two ways to upload to Streamable: either from a video file or via a URL.
- If you'd like to upload using a file on your computer or mobile device, locate that file.
- If you'd prefer to upload via a URL, identify the video URL you'd like to use.
- Example: https://streamable.com/z1plzy
Uploading from File
- Log into your account and navigate to the Streamable dashboard.
- On the dashboard, click the Upload video button or Select videos to upload. box (only visible for those without any previous uploads). You can drag and drop your video file into the box as well.
- If you chose Upload video or Select videos to upload., select your video file and click Open.
- Our video player should appear, and your file will have successfully been uploaded once the player moves through the Uploading and Processing phases.
- If you'd like to name your video, click the Add a title form that's under the dashboard's video player, and type in your desired name.
Note: After uploading your first video, you can drag and
drop further video files into the dashboard area despite
the Select videos to upload. box not being visible.
Uploading via URL
- Log into your account and navigate to the Streamable Dashboard.
- Paste your video URL in the Paste a video URL form.
- You should arrive at a screen with tools for altering the video's start and end time, sound (on/off), rotation, and cropping.
- To finalize your upload, click the Create Video button.
- If you'd like to name your video, click the Add a title text box under the video player, and type in your desired name.
Awesome! You've made it to the end of our "Uploading Basics" article. If you have any questions that weren't covered in this tutorial, feel free to reach out to us here: email@example.com.