How do I submit a counter claim to a DMCA notice?

If content you have shared is removed because of a report submitted to our designated DMCA agent, you can engage directly with the rights-owner to attempt to resolve the issue.  You may also submit a written notification to Hopin’s designated agent (see details below), containing the information, if you believe the content was removed by mistake or because of misidentification:

  • Your physical or electronic signature;
  • Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled;
  • A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that removal or disablement of the material was a mistake or that the material was misidentified; and
  • Your full name, your email address, your mailing address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District court (i) in the judicial district where your address is located if the address is in the United States, or (ii) located in California, if your address is located outside the United States, and that you will accept service of process from the party who submitted the notice or their authorized agent.

The DMCA allows Hopin to restore content that has been removed if the party filing the original DMCA notice does not file a court action against the party who filed the counter-notice within ten business days of receiving the copy of the counter-notice.

Users should understand that there are significant legal and financial repercussions for submission of false notices and counter-notices. You may wish to obtain legal advice before engaging the DMCA notice or counter-notice process.

Hopin’s designated agent:

Hopin US, Inc.

2810 N. Church St.

Wilmington, DE  19802


Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us